RH Reality Check is an award-winning daily publication providing evidence-based news, analysis, and commentary, as well as interactive dialogue on matters of sexual and reproductive health and justice. RH Reality Check currently has the following positions open:
Social and Digital Media Manager
RHRC is hiring a Digital and Social Media Manager to help us effectively manage our online communities and social media channels, including creating digital assets, mostly images, for use on social media. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Digital and Social Media Manager will:
- Develop 3- , 6-, and 12-month strategies for online social engagement;
- Manage/create and increase our presence and profile on social channels like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and others through community engagement and by sharing content (original and sourced) with and from partners and like-minded individuals and organizations to help others use RHRC as a resource;
- Develop and execute social media outreach strategies around specific articles, series, and issues on which we work;
- Curate, conceive and create professional quality digital images and infographics to help promote content, ideas and facts on social channels;
- Moderate and participate in conversations happening in our online communities, including article comments on the site and Facebook comments;
- Develop content-appropriate outreach messaging on a daily and weekly basis;
- Work with other staff as appropriate to create, articulate, and carry out comprehensive short- and long-term social media strategies;
- Work with other staff as appropriate to integrate social online efforts in tandem with our other off- and online strategies;
- Work with other partner organizations to achieve shared goals;
- Build and strengthen our relationships with other online communities, writers, and publications in order to expand the reach of our content and community;
- Write for RHRC as time and interest permit, and represent RHRC in the community when necessary.
Read the full position description here. Please follow the application instructions carefully.