RH Reality Check is an award-winning daily publication providing evidence-based news, analysis, and commentary, as well as interactive dialogue on matters of sexual and reproductive health and justice. RH Reality Check is currently hiring.
Reporting to the Managing Editors, the Associate Editor will help expand the quantity and quality of RHRC’s content as part of the site’s growing editorial team.
The Associate Editor will:
- Assist in editing and publishing multiple news, commentary, and analysis pieces per day.
- Ensure accuracy and factual integrity in all stories.
- Follow and ensure content is consistent with RHRC’s reporting standards and style guidelines.
- Write clear, effective headlines and teasers.
- Provide frequent reports back to the Managing Editors.
- Coordinate as necessary with other RHRC teams, including social media, communications, and operations.
- Assist with other editorial duties, as needed (e.g., maintaining our editorial calendar).
Senior Political Reporter, Federal Policy/Capitol Hill
The Federal Policy/Capitol Hill reporter plays a critical role on our growing team. This position works closely with the editor-in-chief and the senior editorial team to ensure timely, accurate, and aggressive coverage of legislation and federal policy issues affecting the economic, social, and health prospects of diverse populations of women, people of color, immigrants, youth, and LGBTQ persons. The ideal candidate is someone who: can identify and prioritize the best stories for analysis and reporting; is able and willing to seek out and establish sources; can jump on stories before they are reported elsewhere; has an excellent sense of priorities; is self-motivated and aggressive in reporting; and can produce the highest quality of news and analysis on relevant issues.
Deputy Director of Investigations and Research
RH Reality Check seeks a deputy director for our Investigations and Research team. The Deputy will work with the Vice President of Investigations and Research and the Editor in Chief to vet and assign stories and oversee the work of other team members, as well as conduct his/her own work an investigative reporter covering our issues. This is a 24-month position, with a strong possibility for the right candidate to transition into a permanent position.