Morning Roundup: Arizona Moves Forward on Race/Sex Selection Abortion Ban

The AZ House approves a ban on abortions based on race or sex, dismantling Title X and defunding Planned Parenthood may decrease the survivability of cancer, male birth control technology, and working mothers are also making their kids chubby?

• The Arizona House has approved a bill that would ban abortions based on race or sex. “(O) pponents questioned how the ban would be implemented and suggested it was intended to place obstacles in the path of minorities and abortion providers.” Yes, actually, that is the bill’s exact intention.
  • As the U.S. House attacks family planning services, and Planned Parenthood in particular, newspapers across the country are taking note. At the Emory Wheel, student newspaper of Emory University, Catherine Cai makes an excellent point that while the 5-year survival rate of breast, uterine, and cervical cancers have greatly improved in recent years, that is in large part due to early detection – which is hard to come by when you can’t visit a clinic for a low-cost annual exam.
  • Male birth control may not be that far away. Researchers have three promising leads in the medical technology, including progestin, a progesterone/testosterone gel, and retinoids.
  • As a take-off from Amie’s Afternoon Roundup report on how working mothers are making their kids sicker, a study now says moms who work long hours are also making their children overweight.

Feb 21

Like this story? Your $10 tax-deductible contribution helps support our research, reporting, and analysis.

• freetobe

This is EUTHANASIA!  By denying the poor to get medical check ups and screening for cancer amongst other things such as birth control the party of regressives is literally “killing” people that they see as unimportant and a drain on society.

The regressives believe that we are all on our own (except women of course) and that if we can’t survive oh well then just die! unless of course we are breeding age then and only then if we can survive a pregnancy without any medical care during or after that is.

I really hope women are waking up to this war against all of us rich and poor because this is completley and totally unacceptable!

This as a matter of fact sounds way too much like Hitler I do not say this lightly.

• arekushieru

This is *forced* euthanasia.  Y’know the one that right-wingers oppose even though the euthanasia we are suggesting doesn’t come anywhere near the definition of coerced, even.